Images on this site are available for purchase as fine art photographic prints on canvas. Marcia’s photo art on canvas is an alternative to the mass-produced commonplace big-box art. Her images are printed using the Giclée print process onto archival quality acid-free canvas. The award-winning Lyve™ Canvas delivers a deeper image resolution and captures detail and nuance in Marcia’s images that she has not seen on other types of canvas. Lyve™ Canvas has a timeless print laminate, is highly water-resistant and is archival certified.
This amazing canvas and print process transforms Marcia’s photographs into rich artwork that often simulates an original oil painting. This results in a high quality product with unique images in a variety of sizes. When carefully selected for a specific space, Marcia’s photographic art has a way of bringing charisma and life into a room.
Producing Photo Art on Canvas
Producing photo art on canvas involves more than just taking a photograph. Creating a digital photograph for printing and/or enlarging involves multiple steps. Selecting the appropriate image is the first step. What looks great on the camera and/or computer screen may not translate well onto canvas.
The content of a single photograph does not always transform into a standard shape or size for wall art. Marcia carefully considers the crop points of each image when determining the final size. Some of her photographs are tightly cropped and others barely cropped at all. Most of Marcia’s canvas pieces are available in a few different sizes. Each canvas is identified by width then height in inches.
All of Marcia’s digital photographs are taken in a high-resolution format. Her photographs may be digitally enhanced in small ways. Marcia’s images may be cropped and colours enhanced to create bolder more artistic images but her goal is to respect the integrity of the original photograph and produce images that inspire.
Marcia’s canvas prints are hand stretched and many can be wrapped onto two different depths of stretcher bars. Having the canvas wrapped onto a ¼-inch deep stretcher bar is lighter and results in a thinner profile on the wall. If you don’t plan to frame it, black art tape is placed along the edge of each side to provide a clean finished look (see photo to the left).
The 1 1/2-inch deep stretcher bar provides a thicker profile resulting in a more modern look. Hanging hardware is mounted on every canvas and the staples used for securing the canvas on each side are not visible. This method of stretching and preparing a canvas allows for a frameless presentation resulting in an elegant piece of artwork to simply place on your wall.
Many of Marcia’s canvas pieces are also available in carefully selected frames to enhance their presentation. Selected frames are highlighted on each of the canvas display pages on this site. Final canvas sizes are not exact. The stretcher bars are made by hand. Final dimensions are dependent upon the stretcher bar construction and the wrapping technique. If you wish to frame the canvas yourself please purchase the frame after you have received the canvas art to ensure you have the proper size.
- When transporting or storing your canvas art please cover it with a hard surface cardboard to protect it. The canvas material may dimple if it comes in contact with pointed or sharp objects.
- Keep your print away from direct sunlight and intense reflected light from mirrors, glass, etc
- Display your canvas art in a moisture-free environment. Make sure washrooms are well vented
- Display your canvas at a safe distance from any sources of direct heat such as a fireplace or radiator
- Run a soft feather duster over the front and top of the piece periodically to remove settled dust
- Avoid using any form of liquid, chemical or spray products to clean your canvas
- To remove marks from the canvas try using a soft damp cloth and rub very gently over the area affected. Be careful not to press to hard as you may dimple the canvas